What is Eko-C-Vit junior?
Eko C-Vit junior is a dietary supplement based on vitamin C, that is recommended for preschool, and school-age children. It contains the recommended vitamin C dose of 50 mg, which meets the children’s daily needs for this vitamin. Tablets are coated with sugar, and 100% natural orange flavor, which makes them easily acceptable for the kids – even for those with the most demanding taste.
You may ask yourself why is vitamin C important anyway, and is it really necessary for every child? The answer is simple – because, without a sufficient amount of vitamin C, a number of processes essential for children’s body, simply would not be possible. By this we mean normal growth and development, proper functioning, as well as preservation of natural defensive abilities. In addition, vitamin C is involved in key metabolic pathways, and the biosynthesis of collagen, the main structural protein of many connective tissues, such as skin, bone, cartilage, ligaments and tendons, as well as dentin, corneas and blood vessels. This is especially important for children and adolescents, whose bodies are developing intensively, which is why they need more building material in order to form properly.
Like most other vitamins, vitamin C is an essential nutrient, which means that it cannot be synthesized by the children’s body. Therefore, it must be regularly provided through a well-balanced diet, and dietary supplements, in cases when a child does not achieve the recommended daily levels of vitamin C in the body. This could appear as a result of various factors, such as malnutrition, presence of chronic diseases, and poor appetite. Last in line – poor appetite, especially in terms of fresh fruit and vegetables, is well known to all moms and dads, and thankfully represent a passing phase in the development of the vast majority of children. Unfortunately, the trend of poor appetite can also be extended to higher grades of elementary school in many cases. In these situations it is recommended to use dietary supplements based on vitamin C, as valuable concentrated vitamin sources, along with properly balanced diet.
Therefore, Eko-C-Vit junior sugar coated tablets have a particularly important role in preserving the functions of the:
- Immune system – an adequate intake of vitamin C can help improve components of children’s fragile immune system, and thereby relieve the symptoms and the duration of upper respiratory tract infections, which are the most common infections in children population.
- Skeletal and muscular system – vitamin C affects the wound and fracture healing process in a positive way, by reducing recovery time, which is particularly beneficial for small children, who are at constant risk of hurting themselves.
- Red blood cells – a sufficient amount of vitamin C present in the children’s diet protects them from developing a fairly common iron deficiency anemia. It enhances non-haem iron absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, which results in the proper red blood cells formation.
To whom is Eko-C-Vit junior recommended?
Eko-C-Vit junior is a dietary supplement based on vitamin C, that is recommended for preschool (older than 3 years), and school-age children.
It is used as a supplement to a healthy, well-balanced diet in all situations when there is:
- Increased need for vitamin C in the body (intensive growth and development phase, increased physical activity, frequent colds and infections, healing process after injuries and fractures, certain forms of anemia)
- Reduced intake of vitamin C (malnutrition, presence of chronic diseases, restrictive diets, poor appetite)
Eko C-Vit junior is particularly recommended during the formation of permanent teeth, during antibiotic therapy, in periods of low fruit and vegetable intake, and increased degree of air pollution.
How is Eko-C-Vit junior used?
Children aged 3 years and above: 1 sugar coated tablet per day.
Sugar coated tablets should be slowly melted in mouth.
The product does not contain gluten, artificial colors and flavors.
Dietary supplements should be used carefully, under medical supervision, strictly following the instructions for proper use. They should be kept out of reach of children, and it should be well explained to them that they are not candies.
Where is Eko-C-Vit junior available?
Eko-C-Vit junior sugar coated tablets are available in all better supplied pharmacies in Serbia.
The package contains 40 sugar coated tablets.
Number and date of extended registration in the Ministry of Health database – 1637/2016 from October 7, 2016.
|Composition||1 sugar-coated tablet||% RDA*||100 g|
|Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid)||50 mg||63**||12,5g|
* RDA – recommended dietary allowance for adults
** Recommended daily intake depends on the child’s age: children from 3 to 6 years – 30 mg; children aged 6 years and above 45 – 70 mg
|Nutritional value||1 sugar-coated tablet||100 g|
|energy value||5.84 kJ (1.45kcal)||1460 kJ (365 kcal)|
|carbohydrates||0.39 g||97.80 g|
|proteins||0.00 g||0.02 g|
|fats||0.00 g||0.83 g|