What is Stevia Sweetener?
Stevia sweetener is a natural table-top sweetener based on Stevia Rebaudiana plant extract, standardized to a minimum of 95% Steviol glycosides – Rebaudioside A and Stevioside mixture.
Steviol glycosides provide stevia’s sweet taste and have a 100% natural origin. They are produced in completely natural process, by extraction from dried leaves of the plant Stevia Rebaudiana Bertoni and subsequent purification. Plants are grown in selected areas by professionally trained independent farmers, and cultivated by safe and high-yield no-GMO growing techniques. Further processing is done in approved ISO 9001 & 22000, HACCP, cGMP, Halal and Kosher certified facilities.
The main advantages of stevia are:
- 100% natural origin – in the era of synthetic additives fortified foods, stevia offers a natural choice.
- Great sweetening ability – steviol glycosides are about 200 times sweeter than sugar, and can be used in small quantities in order to achieve intense taste.
- No calories – which makes it suitable for people on weight-reduction diets and those who want to reduce excessive calorie intake.
- Low glycemic index – stevia does not affect glucose metabolism in the body, which makes it safe for use in patients with type I and II diabetes.
- Thermostability – it is suitable for use during thermal treatment of liquid and solid foods, such as reheating, cooking or baking.
- Resistance to fermentation – stevia is not susceptible to fermentation unlike sugar, which allows better shelf life during use and storage.
- Tooth friendly – it helps maintain healthy teeth and reduces the risk of tooth decay.
- Resistance to light and changes in pH – contributes to product stability.
When should we use Stevia Sweetener?
Stevia Sweetener tablets should be used for sweetening hot and cold beverages such as coffee, tea, juice or yogurt, as well as liquid and solid food. They can be used as a total or partial replacement for sugar when they are combined, in order to reduce sugar quantity.
To whom is Stevia Sweetener recommended?
Stevia Sweetener is recommended for people who avoid sugar and excessive calorie intake in their diet. It is especially recommended to patients with diabetes of type I and II, as well as people on weight reduction diets. It is safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding, when it is particularly important to take into account calorie intake. Stevia Sweetener can be used by school children and adolescents, especially during the permanent teeth eruption.
How is Stevia Sweetener used?
1-2 tablets should be poured into the desired beverage or liquid food, briefly stirred and consumed.
If used during solid food preparation, tablets should be dissolved in a small quantity of water or other liquid, and added to the mass in the form of solution.
Sweetness of 1 Stevia Sweetener tablet equals 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Product is suitable for a gluten-free diet.
Where is Stevia Sweetener available?
Stevia Sweetener is available in all better supplied pharmacies in Serbia.
The package contains 200 tablets.
|Stevia Rebaudiana extract 100% natural
|0,34 kJ (0,08 kcal)
|567 kJ (135 kcal)